• Tiny Dog Nearly Dies After Consuming Hot Dog Stuffed With Nails

    3 monthes ago - By iHeart Dogs

    Clarice, a 3-year-old Yorkshire Terrier mix, was let out for a potty break outside the Wisconsin apartment she lives in. It was just a routine moment for Clarice and her owner, Tom Deakin, until he noticed she was eating some hot dogs that were left on the ground. “I thought it was kind of odd..in the back of my mind, thought what if someone was trying to poison the dogs,” Deakin told NBC4 . Unfortunately, his gut feeling was right. It turns out that the hot dogs placed around the apartment were stuffed with nails.
    Clarice was soon rushed into an emergency surgery that lasted over 2 hours...
    Read more ...

     

  • 14-Year-Old Dog & His 81-Year-Old Human Save Woman's Life

    14-Year-Old Dog & His 81-Year-Old Human Save Woman's Life

    3 monthes ago - By iHeart Dogs

    Ray Overall is no stranger to saving lives - he was a volunteer firefighter for 25 years. For his latest rescue, the 81-year-old got a helping paw from his BFF. Overall and 14-year-old Rat Terrier, Max are credited with saving their upstairs neighbor's life at the Brookdale Senior Living Facility in Novi, Michigan. This Tuesday the heroic pair received a special honor from the Novi Fire Department, complete with some tasty treats for Max!
    It was 1 A.M. on March 21. Overall awoke to a thumping sound above and Max's incessant barking. Despite a scolding from his dad, the tenacious little dog...
    Read more ...